Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

Blogging Through The Bible- Psalm 1

This has been a hard week. You know the ones I'm talking about. Not a bad week where everything completely explodes in your face, but a hard week where you really have to fight to stay on track. You feel like you're almost back on track and then something else derails and it's back to square one. That was my week.

The first week of Blogging Through the Bible went fantastic! I was digging into the Word in a new way and it excited me. I'm still excited, but really bummed out over this week. Getting up before my kids to spend my time with God has been more of a struggle, and thus getting my kids into a decent routine hasn't happened.

Then I get to Psalm 1. I know this passage- I think I had to memorize it somewhere in college. But today it was rather convicting because of one word: delight.

Delight: a high degree of pleasure or enjoyment; joy; rapture

I haven't been doing this, not this week. I have been so focused on getting things back on my plan, that I forgot to simply enjoy The Presence of the One. I've done my devotions each day- but I haven't delighted in the Word of God, I haven't taken the time out to see the joy in what He is doing. 

So this week, I have a new goal- forget getting on track. Get into God, and delight in Him!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com